Acne is not just ugly.
Acne causes emotional discomfort and forms psychological complexes. As a result — problems in communication and personal life.
Korean acne treatment and control products are among the most popular in the world.
This article aims to tell you how to effectively get your acne under control by the best Korean products in order to prolonged repetitive visits to the doctor are not necessary.
Let get your skin clear!
But first, let’s figure out what acne is, what causes it has, stages, forms, and methods of treatment.
What is acne?
Acne is a chronic skin disease that manifests as rashes on the skin of the face and torso.
In addition to the face, it can be localized on the chest, shoulders, back, and scalp. Acne is found among women and men of all ages. Affects about 12% of adult women and 85% of adolescents.
Acne is one of the most common skin diseases.
Causes of acne
Reason №1 is seborrhea, that is, excess sebum with altered properties.
Acne often occurs on areas of the skin that are most rich in sebaceous glands: the face, upper back, and chest.
For example, one square centimeter of the skin of the face, upper back and chest has 900 glands, while in other areas there are no more than 100. Acne occurs as a result of blockage and/ or inflammation pilosebaceous complexes, consisting of hair follicles and sebaceous glands.
Normally, the oil produced travels through the hair follicles to the skin. However, dead skin cells can plug the follicles. This can block the oil. When follicles become plugged, skin bacteria start to grow inside the follicles. Inflammation and pimples then develop:
But excessive secretion of the sebaceous glands is not the only reason.
More causes of acne:
- hyperkeratinization of the hair follicle (the duct is clogged with exfoliated skin cells in excess);
- microbial colonization Сutibacterium (Propionobacteria) acne;
- genetic predisposition;
- complex of inflammatory mechanisms;
- ignoring the rules of hygiene;
- hormonal imbalance. You can see so many teenagers with acne because during puberty, the male sex hormones (androgens) increase in both boys and girls. This causes the glands to make more oil. Hormone changes during a woman’s menstrual cycle or pregnancy; Starting or stopping birth control pills;
- Certain medicines (corticosteroids, barbiturates ets);
- Using no suitable cosmetics for oily skin;
- Diet may also play a role.
The severity and forms of acne
There are light, medium and severe degrees of this disease.
On the skin of the face, ears, scalp, back and chest, appears comedones, papules, pustules, papulo-pustules, nodes (cysts) are formed. As a result of severe acne, post-acne (spots, scars) is formed.
Depending on the severity, there are 4 forms of acne:
- comedonal-represented by open and closed comedones;
- papulo-pustular — there are inflammatory changes (papules and pustules) on the background of comedones;
- nodular — against the background of comedones, papules, pustules, there are nodes, cysts and / or scars in the areas of cysts regression;
- conglobate-large nodes are formed from several communicating cysts. High risk of scarring.
Acne treatment depends on the form and severity. Since one of the reasons may be a hormonal imbalance, before treating acne, in addition to examining a dermatologist, you need to consult an endocrinologist, and women also need to visit a gynecologist.
In the treatment of acne, there is a distinction between external and systemic therapy.
- In severe acne, in addition to combined external medications, antibiotics and systemic retinoids are used. In patients with severe inflammatory acne, systemic corticosteroids may be used. These medicines are prescribed by a doctor.
- The average degree of acne requires combined treatment, the use of systemic antibiotics. An alternative method of therapy may be systemic retinoids. Alternative therapy for women with moderate to severe acne is oral contraceptives.
- For mild acne, external therapy is sufficient. Intended for external use retinoids, antibiotics, azelaic acid.
Cosmetic methods of acne correction are related to external therapy. There are home and salon procedures.
In an acne treatment center, a specialist can make you: Blackhead Removal, Cyst Drainage, Clinical Facials, Chemical Peels, Acne Intralesional Cortisone Injection / Emergency Pimple Injections, Acne Laser Treatments, Acne Scar Treatments, intra-focal corticosteroid administration in the area of cysts and scars – for rapid resorption and reduction of post-acne; cryotherapy, laser resurfacing and the introduction of hyaluronic acid preparations — to reduce post-acne.
At home, you can take care of your skin with daily care, which is effective for mild forms and is part of the treatment package for more severe forms.
Korean skincare routine for acne
There is no need to talk about the effectiveness of the products of the best brands of Korean cosmetics — just look at the porcelain smooth skin of Asian beauties.
But this is not the only reason for the popularity of k-beauty products.
What helped Korean products for acne to win the hearts of women all over the world?
- Special facial care. The product range includes unique products that are not available on the European market. Innovative technologies are actively used. The result is an ideal condition of the epidermis and the effect of photoshop on the face, which many women strive for.
- Korean manufacturers put the preservation of skin and hair health at the forefront, so great importance is given to the safety of cosmetics. The main part of the formula (90%) – natural ingredients. This reduces the occurrence of allergic reactions to almost nothing.
- Price-quality. Despite the fact that South Korean companies use innovative technologies and natural ingredients, the prices of their products please consumers with their democratic nature. The small cost is due to the scale of production and automation of labor. Also, competition and the lack of huge investment in advertising led to the fact that cosmetics, without losing quality, became available to a wide range of customers.
And cosmetologists from Korea have developed inexpensive products with the right composition of cosmetics for daily care, which are available to everyone and really work. This makes Korean products for acne stand out among most manufacturers and brands. Efficiency, economical consumption, balanced composition and affordable prices- these are reasons to buy k-beauty products!
Now I’ll introduce you to the best Korean skincare for acne and Korean products for acne which can help you to solve your acne problem step by step.
Step 1. Cleansing
Always wash your hands before washing your face.
Wash you face twice a day: in the morning and in the evening.
In the morning it’s enough to wash once. You can use foam, mousse, cleansing gel, or cleansing powder on your choice.
But for evening cleansing it’s not enough. In the evening, Korean cosmetologists insist on cleansing the skin in 2 stages: first, use an oil-based cleanser (or hydrophilic oil), and after – a water-based cleanser.
This ensures the highest quality makeup removal, deeply cleanses the skin and pores. This is especially important for people with acne-prone skin.
Don’t be afraid to use oil-based cleansers: they don’t cause acne! On the contrary, they perfectly dissolve skin fat in the pores, thereby cleaning them well.
Best Korean cleanser for acne
For the recommended 2 steps cleansing by Korean cosmetologists, choose any two products from this list: a water-based one and another an oil-based one.
Elizavecca Milky Piggy Elastic Pore Cleansing Foam
Foam with charcoal for cleansing and narrowing pores Elizavecca Milky Piggy Elastic Pore Cleansing Foam for daily care. It is used as a foam for washing and as an effective mask to combat skin imperfections – black dots, greasiness, acne.
Cleans and narrows the pores very effectively.
If you keep this product on your face for a few minutes, it will work as an effective mask to fight black spots, fatness, acne.
COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
Highly effective gel-foam for washing has a skin-friendly pH of 3.5. Ideal for cleansing the face in the morning: perfectly removes excess skin sebum and dead cells, giving a feeling of cleanliness, hydration, and comfort for the whole day. It’s one of the best Korean cleansers for acne-prone skin.
The composition of the product includes tea tree oil, which prevents the appearance of acne and accelerates the healing process of the skin, BHA-acids, which remove keratinized particles of skin cells and accelerate the recovery of damaged skin.Gently cleanses the pores and controls the sebaceous glands. The gel is manufactured specifically for problem, oily, and combination skin.
Dr.Ceuracle 5α Control Melting Cleansing Gel
This seboregulating gel for washing will perfectly replace two products at once-hydrophilic oil and foam for cleansing.
The gel-to-foam formula gently removes makeup residue, sebum and other contaminants. Does not require washing off with additional means. The transparent, viscous and gel texture is easily distributed over the skin and emulsifies without using water. Suitable for sensitive, oily and problematic skin.
5α complex is a patented complex that controls excess sebum and prevents acne and hormonal rashes.
Cinnamon bark extract-helps to remove dead skin particles and make the skin texture smooth and radiant.
Portulaca extract-deeply moisturizes and soothes the skin.
You can note that the price of this product is a little bit higher than the others, but given that this is a 2 in 1 product and you will not need to buy additional cleansing oil, to the end, this washing gel will save both: your money and your time.
Mizon Vita Lemon Sparkling Powder
A cleansing powder is not very common to use for cleansing the skin of the face, but it deserves attention. Vita Lemon Sparkling Powder from Mizon is a white powder that turns into a mousse when it comes in contact with water.
It contains lemon extract, as well as other natural ingredients that care for the skin.
The powder cleanses and exfoliates dead skin cells and polluted pores. Eliminates black and white dots. Dissolves skin fat. Helps lighten up the stagnant spots from acne. The skin begins to fully breathe, smooth out, becomes soft and radiant.
The effect is visible after several applications. Read the instructions carefully before use.
Hydrophilic cleansing oils for acne-prone skin
Now let me introduce you to some of the best cleansing oils.
When you combine these cleansing hydrophilic oils with water its will become into a foamy emulsion that gently dissolves makeup and is easily washed off with water.
It can be the first step of double cleansing in the evening. First, use one of these cleansing oils, and after wash your face with any water-based cleanser, which you saw before in this list.
MISSHA Super Off Cleansing Oil (Blackhead Off)
Hydrophilic oil to eliminate blackheads MISSHA Super Off Cleansing Oil (Blackhead Off) – not only provides deep cleansing and narrowing of the pores, but also solves the problem of rashes on the face.
- Thorough removal of makeup.
- Care for problem and oily skin.
- Convenient and easy cleaning of the skin from dirt.
Apricot seed oil, tea tree leaves, Moringa-natural oils clean the skin from dirt, remove excess sebum, and soothe the skin. They have an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect.
Centella asiatica extract-regenerates damaged skin, reduces skin sensitivity and additionally moisturizes.
Deep Black Cleansing Oil, Dear Klairs
Composed of numerous oils, the Mild Black Deep Cleansing Oil is the very best first step cleanser to maintain the skin’s wetness while successfully getting rid of dirt, make-up, and also pollutants without any inflammation because of its easily washable appearance.
Recommended for those who have concerns with blackheads and have concerns with excessive sebum production.
The cleaning oil is created with natural oils such as black sesame oil which consists of effective antioxidants and also black currant seed oil which consists of minerals and also vitamins. It is made with easy active ingredients, making it the very best hypoallergenic formula.
Black Bean controls sebum manufacturing, enhances the skin’s elasticity, and also supplies a relaxing impact.
Black Sesame Oil protects against dehydration and skin aging while providing effective results from antioxidant with different helpful parts such as Beta-carotene, Rinolenic acid, Sesamin, Sesaminol as well as Tocopherol.
Black Currant Seed Oil enhances the skin’s protective layer to stop the evaporation of dampness from the skin. It advertises skin cell regeneration and also supplies antioxidant results by consisting of different minerals.
Etude House Real Art Perfect Cleansing Oil
If you use resistant makeup- this hydrophilic oil was manufactured especially for you!
It makes perfect facial cleansing: effectively removes super-resistant makeup, including BB creams, CC creams, tints, and other cosmetics.
The useful substances of the oil penetrate deeply into the pores, pushing all the dirt to the surface, freeing the skin, and preventing inflammation.
Step 2: Exfoliation
Exfoliation is an additional stage of care. You can make it a couple of times a week after the cleansing.
For acne-prone skin exfoliation will get rid of dead skin cells and unclog blocked pores. That is why it helps to prevent and reduce acne.
There is chemical and mechanical exfoliation (named scrub).
In the presence of inflammation, scrubs are prohibited! To don’t scratch inflammatory elements and spreading infection. During the period when your skin has inflammations, only mild chemical exfoliation is allowed!
A lot of anti-acne products in the main care (cleansing gels, toners, creams) contain salicylic or fruit acids as a chemical exfoliating component. They exfoliate and gradually dissolve the dead cells of the epidermis.
When full recovery will come, scrubs also will be allowed. They also clear the skin from post-acne, align its relief, and improve the complexion.
Below you can see some chemical exfoliating products, which are the best for acne skin. Use any one from them on your choice.
Neogen Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Green Tea
Soothing peeling discs with green tea Neogen Dermology BioPeel Gauze Peeling Green Tea remove dead skin cells, excess sebum, without causing irritation. Ideal for problem skin.
The exfoliating pads are made of cotton gauze impregnated with these active ingredients:
- Green tea extract is an anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidant. Helps soothe the skin;
- Lactic and glycolic acids-penetrate deep into the pores and clean them, smooth the skin texture;
Wormwood extract-soothes irritations and controls the sebaceous glands;
- Centella asiatica extract-improves the overall condition and appearance of the skin.
Whamisa Organic Fruits Peeling Finger Mitt
Easily removes dead skin cells. The organic exfoliating essence contains plant-derived exfoliants: betaine salicylate and fruit acids to gently exfoliate skin and cleanse pores effectively, while nourishing/moisturising skin with apple and raspberry ferments, sodium hyaluronate, and beta-glucan.
After washing your face, slip fingers into mitt and gently buff in a circular motion your face. Use 2-3 times a week. Rinse off thoroughly and follow with a toner. Best used during evening skincare routine.
Result: your skin looking fresh, more light, hydrated. Pores are clear.
CosRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
Brightening essence for the face that regulates the sebaceous glands and helps to narrow the pores.
The product restores damaged skin, promotes its renewal and cleansing, and gives the skin a healthy glow.
This essence is an ideal option for those who want to renew the skin, make it more clean, smooth and smooth, and prevent the appearance of scars and spots after acne.
It is recommended to use the essence at night.
- Glycolic and malic acids – remove dead skin cells, exfoliate and moisturize the skin;
- Hyaluronic acid- perfectly moisturizes the skin, helps to heal wounds, smooth out wrinkles, make the skin more elastic and soft.
Step 3: Applying the mask
It is also additional care and isn’t a daily procedure.
But unlike the scrubs, anti-acne masks should be used during the treatment of inflammation to speed up the healing process. A properly selected mask significantly increases the effectiveness of basic care.
How often to use a mask?
You can use purifying masks 1-2 times a week. Calming, hydration masks you can make a little bit more often: 2-4 times a week. It depends on the type of mask. Read instruction before using it.
Always apply a mask for cleansed well skin. Also, wash your hands before the procedure!
Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
This Korean product, as soon as it appeared on the market, became a hit of sales not only at home but also in other countries. The amazing substance in the package resembles a whipped springy jelly of gray color. After application to the skin, it changes, increasing in size and turning into a hundred small bubbles.
The effect of the mask is noticeable immediately. The skin is transformed: redness and peeling disappear, pimples disappear, pores are narrowed and the tone is even. The white clay and coal powder that are included in the composition absorb skin fat, remove toxins and slags, pomegranate extract tones, and thermal water helps to maintain the water balance of the dermis. A pleasant surprise-the mask has a prolonged effect, the effect of it lasts 3-5 days.
Kocostar Slice Mask Sheet – Aloe
The lice mask for the face in the form of juicy mini slices of aloe Vera is applied to different areas of the skin of the face and body.
The mask has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect.
Perilla leaf extract relieves irritation and soothes the skin, leveling its color.
The mask is extremely effective in fighting acne.
Hyaluronic acid provides deep hydration, activating the protective properties of the skin.
Apply the slices to pre-cleansed dry skin and leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes. Distribute the remaining essence on the skin with soft patting movements until completely absorbed.
Missha Black Ghassoul Peel Off Nose Pack
This is a mask-film from black dots specially for the nose. It cleanses the pores well, dissolves comedones, removes slags and toxins, and improves the overall condition of the skin.
Before applying the mask, it is recommended to make a deep cleansing peeling. Apply a medium layer to the nose and hold for 15 minutes. Then remove the mask with smooth movements. Together with the mask, the skin will be cleared of comedones. To get the desired result, it is important to follow the instructions.
- Moroccan clay ghassoulite – effectively cleanses the skin, removes toxins, dissolves comedones and blackheads. It regulates the sebaceous glands, eliminates greasy Shine, narrows enlarged pores and enriches the skin with a variety of different minerals;
- Charcoal-removes toxins, removes keratinized cells, stimulates metabolism, improves microcirculation and promotes the renewal of the upper layer of the epidermis;
- The extract of the fungus tinder fungus is a potent anti-inflammatory effect. It helps to cope with various skin diseases, accelerates the healing of injuries, eliminates excess fat and increases skin elasticity;
- Extracts of sage, Melissa, Hemlock, witch hazel, Lotus, pelargonium, Camellia, mistletoe, mint-supply cells with vitamins, normalize hydrobalance, activate metabolism and stimulate microcirculation.
Step 4: Tonification
Many people don’t understand why to use a tonic or toner after cleansing.
But all the beauticians unanimously recommend that after washing your face, use extra care. After cleansing with a special product and water, a quick recovery is necessary, because the face must be prepared for the application of subsequent cosmetic products.
This intermediate stage in the care routine is the use of tonic and toner.
Toner belongs to the Asian care system. Its main purpose is instant deep hydration, which is necessary for the dermis after cleansing.
But in addition toners for the problem and oily skin depending on the ingredients have the following properties:
- Narrow and cleanses the pores;
- Reduce the activity of the sebaceous glands;
- Even out the complexion;
- Refresh and gives a healthier appearance;
- Soothe the skin and help fight inflammation;
- Activate the components of the cosmetic product used in the next stage of care.
Remember the Korean rule of three seconds, according to which after washing the skin with an incredible speed begins to lose moisture – about 30 seconds more than 50%. Therefore, within the first three seconds, you need to have time to apply a toner that prevents the disappearance of moisture.
Best Korean toner for acne
Ciracle Anti-Blemish Toner
Ciracle Anti-Blemish Toner – is an excellent toner for controlling the sebaceous glands of problem skin.
Lavender and tea tree oils saturate the deeper layers with nutrients, strengthen the immune system, heal, perfectly soften, and moisturize. These components also easily smooth out the dermis, eliminating wrinkles.
The composition contains a whole complex of medicinal plants: extracts of vegetable Portulaca, white willow bark, peony root, etc. They have an antibacterial effect, and also have a tonic and soothing effect, saturating the skin tissues with useful trace elements.
Salicylic acid has an antiseptic property: it eliminates harmful bacteria, inflammation and various types of irritation. It also painlessly exfoliates dead skin cells and reduces the activity of the sebaceous glands.
Dr.Ceuracle Control Cleansing Toner
One more great Sebo-regulating toner for the face. Narrows the pores and evens out the skin tone.
As part of AC NET-an active complex specially for oily and problem skin, it resists acne, relieves inflammation and irritation.
Controls the production of sebum and prevents the appearance of excess radiance and hormonal rashes.
Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract-balances the hydro-lipid balance.
Controls the production of skin fat and prevents the appearance of a greasy Shine without drying out.
The light texture of the toner does not weigh down the skin, leaves a matte finish, and improves the performance of the following cosmetics.
Use immediately after cleansing.
The Saem See & Saw A.C. Control Toner
The toner for problem skin is effective in fighting various skin imperfections: oily sheen, comedones, acne, inflammation. The toner preserves the water balance, mattifies, and leaves a pleasant feeling of freshness and cleanliness for a long time.
The main ingredients:
Centella asiatica extract-this component works in several directions at once: it stimulates the synthesis of collagen, has an anti-inflammatory effect and slows down the aging process of the skin.
Echinacea extract – the main component of the product, which has an antiseptic, soothing, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and healing effect, accelerates the healing process of the skin and prevents the appearance of new pimples.
Tea tree extract and green tea-actively moisturize and refresh the skin, soothe redness and irritation, control the work of the sebaceous glands, and make the pores invisible.
Bamboo extract and aloe Vera- perfectly moisturizing the skin, providing antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
Mizon Black Clean Up Pore Water Finisher
It is based on glycolic acid, which exfoliates the keratinized layer, smoothes the relief, fights black spots and inflammation.
Blueberry extract, rich in bioflavonoids, removes redness, narrows the pores and gives radiance.
Flower extracts of peony, white Lily, may Lily of the valley, Magnolia not only refresh and even out the tone, but also have an antibacterial effect.
Papaya and citrus extracts enrich the skin with vitamins, create a light whitening effect and improve blood circulation.
Sugar cane extract perfectly cleanses, tones and moisturizes.
The product does not shrink, does not leave stickiness and does not contain harmful chemical components.
Mizon AHA & BHA Daily Clean Toner
The toner deeply cleanses and narrows the pores.
The toner-peeling combines fruit acids (ANA) and salicylic acid (BHA).
The composition includes salicylic acid, which softens the epidermis and eliminates inflammation. Fruit acids help to regenerate the skin, remove excess fat and dead cells, deeply cleanse and tone.
Sodium lactate softens and moisturizes. The tone becomes more even, and traces of post-acne disappear.
After using this product, the skin is immediately transformed, becoming fresher and softer. With prolonged use, it becomes clearer, smoother, and looks more radiant and fresh.
Step 5: Cream or serum & cream
Applying a cream is one of the steps of the main care. Put it twice a day always after washed well and toned skin (steps 1 and 4).
Applying a serum is additional care. A Serum has a high concentration of active components and helps a cream to work more effectively. If you want to heal your skin faster, use serum from the same line of cream (if there is a serum in this series).
The Saem See & Saw A. C. Control Cream
Cream for problem skin The Saem See & Saw A. C. Control Cream is designed to care for oily combination problem skin. It helps to cope with such problems as inflammation, acne, comedones, excessive activity of the sebaceous glands. It has no oils in its composition.
The Saem See & Saw A.C. Control Cream
Cream for problem skin The Saem See & Saw A. C. Control Cream is designed to care for oily combination problem skin. It helps to cope with such problems as inflammation, acne, comedones, excessive activity of the sebaceous glands. It has no oils in its composition.
- Salicylic acid- has a powerful exfoliating effect, removes dead cells and regulates the sebaceous glands;
- Bamboo extract and aloe Vera-work together to perfectly moisturize the skin, providing an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect, as well as helping to prevent the appearance of acne and puffiness of the skin;
- Green tea extract-acts as an antioxidant, improves the complexion, perfectly relieves irritation, has antibacterial properties, makes the skin more elastic and prevents the appearance of facial wrinkles;
- Portulaca extract and Centella asiatica-prolong the youth of the skin, have a tonic, wound healing, antibacterial effect, accelerate the process of its regeneration;
- Hyaluronic acid – moisturizes the skin, making it smooth and tender.
Some By Mi AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Serum and Cream
Highly effective regenerating cream and serum for problem skin will help transform your skin in just 30 days! These products were designed specifically for problem, oily and combination skin prone to imperfections.
The serum and cream treat acne and inflammation, prevents their further appearance, minimizes the size of pores and helps to restore the skin. It also regulates the sebaceous glands, perfectly mattifies the skin, removes redness, and eliminates congestion. It helps to get rid of even hormonal acne and blackheads!
The serum is recommended to be used together with the cream, together they accelerate the healing of inflammation, align the tone of the face and fight imperfections on a new level! In just 30 days, your skin will be transformed.
Active components of cream and serum:
- ANA-acids remove keratinized skin cells, speeding up the process of its regeneration, BHA-acids help to clear the skin of deeper dirt, RNA-acids actively moisturize and soothe the skin.
- Tea tree oil- soothes the skin and has an antiseptic effect, eliminates acne and inflammatory processes.
- Centella Asiatica extract-prolongs the youth and beauty of the skin, has an anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effect, restores damaged skin, stimulating its regeneration process.
The serum also includes more than 40 natural extracts that effectively affect the skin structure, restoring it from the inside.
Secret Key Bee-Venom AC Control Spot Cream
Also for local exposure, use Korean spots or therapeutic creams: Secret Key Bee-Venom AC Control Spot Cream is created for the treatment of acne and pimples. Apply the product locally on the inflammation for a quick healing effect. It quickly removes redness, soothes the skin, prevents the formation of acne scars and new inflammation.
After applying to the problem areas, the cream initially helps to exfoliate the skin, which prevents healing. Then the problem area is decontaminated. And then the inflammation dries up.
AC Control Spot Cream includes:
- Snake venom-neutralization of bacteria;
- Salicylic acid-removal of inflammation, elimination of deep dirt, exfoliation, normalization of sebum secretion;
- Tea tree oil – antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect;
- Calamine-removing inflammation, drying, calming inflammatory processes, removing puffiness;
- Centella asiatica-healing, removal of inflammation.
The author tried to find products that will work best for you.
But in addition to cosmetics, other factors are very important: health, nutrition, hygiene. I suggest using the advice of a dermatologist for people with oily and problematic skin.
10 Tips for patients with acne:
- Do not neglect hygiene. The skin should be cleaned using gently cleansing foams or gels (means without soap — syndets) with warm water.
- Try not to touch your face. Your hands are full of bacteria, and when you touch your face, you transfer them.
- Do not use aggressive products or scrubs.
- Take care of your hair, especially if you have oily skin. This has a great effect on acne, especially on the forehead.
- Do not squeeze out acne. This can lead to increased infection and scarring. Treatment with local remedies should be accompanied by skin hydration. When treating acne with local remedies (especially retinoids), it is necessary to increase its hydration — to prevent redness and peeling reactions (the doctor selects at the reception).
- Change your skin care products depending on the season. The saturation of the moisturizer with lipids and the activity of using cleaning agents depends on the time of year. Care is affected by cold, heat, insolation, humidity changes, and other environmental factors.
- Use photo protection while in the sun. This will reduce the formation of scars and age spots.
- Use non-sedative skin care products. That is, means that do not clog the ducts of the sebaceous glands.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Excessive sunlight can damage the skin. Use cosmetics with an SPF of 15.
- Try to eat properly and in a variety of ways. There is no clear data on the dependence of acne on nutrition. It is recommended to have a healthy and healthy diet. However, it is known that foods with a high glycemic index (sweets, pastries) increase the level of insulin-like growth factor, thereby increasing the production of sebum by the sebaceous glands.